A2CPS Consortium Member
Clinical Coordination Center (CCC)
The CCC at the University of Iowa is a multi-disciplinary team which combines the expertise of the Clinical Trials Statistical and Data Management Center in coordinating multi-site clinical trials with pain science experts in the Carver College of Medicine. We have expertise across the spectrum of pain research from basic science mechanisms, translational science, acute to chronic pain transition, as well as data collection and large multi-center clinical trials in pain populations.
As part of the Acute to Chronic Pain Signatures Program, the CCC will:
- Lead the development and implementation of clinical protocols, which includes developing milestones, protocols and training procedures; standardizing electronic health record data; developing regulatory procedures including the coordination of a central IRB; and developing consortium-wide Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide oversight and management of collaborative activities across the consortium to support the overall goals of A2CPS, which includes project management and central and on-site monitoring.
- Facilitate transparent and effective communication between consortium members
To facilitate this effort, the CCC is organized into four domains: Study Design & Training, Regulatory & Compliance, Recruitment & Retention, Communications & Logistics. Within these domains we have several different staff members that bring unique expertise to the project.
For more information please see:
Multisite Clinical Center 1
- Institute for Translational Medicine
- Rush University Medical Center
- The University of Chicago Medical Center
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- University of Illinois at Chicago