For Patients | Knee Replacement
A biomarker is a biological measure or factor that is a sign of a condition. In our study we are trying to identify biomarkers through surveys, functional testing, sensory testing, blood draws and imaging.
- We want to know more about you and your experience with pain before and after surgery.
- We have questions about pain, activity, fatigue, mood, sleep, and your experience with pain before and after total knee surgery.
Functional Testing Biomarkers
- Biomarkers from the functional testing help us see your ability to complete activities of walking and standing up and sitting down before and after surgery.
- We are interested in your pain rating with rest and with movement and how you are able to do daily activities.
- We are interested in your experience with different types of sensation and how your body responds. This gives us information about how your brain and body work together.
- We will be looking at your body’s response to pressure, tapping, and cold water and pressure before and after surgery
- We want to understand how your blood system responds to the changes in your body before and after surgery.
- We will be looking for signs of inflammation, immune system responses, lipids, and proteins.
- We want to understand how your brain responds to the changes in your body before and after surgery.
- We will be looking for how parts of your brain connect to each other with different types of stimulation or sensation
- This gives us information about how your brain and body work together.