For Patients | Knee Replacement
What is the purpose of the study?
- Identify and understand biomarkers, or factors that can help predict a person’s pain experience following knee surgery.
Who can be a part of the study?
- Men and women ages 18-84, who have a diagnosis of osteoarthritis
- People scheduled for a single primary, partial, or total knee revision or replacement surgery at one of our clinical centers
What is informed consent or eConsent?
- The informed consent form gives you more details about what will happen in the study.
- In this study, since we are using an electronic form called an eConsent.
- You will be able to read the eConsent form and ask questions, talk with your family, friends, or caregivers, before you decide about being in the study.
How can I be a part of the study?
- If interested, please contact:
Wendy Kreider RN, Study Coordinator for Rush University Medical Center
- You will receive additional details about the study and have all questions answered.
- You may choose to not be a part of the study at any time.
Payment for Participating
Payment will depend on the completed activities: Pre-surgery visit (Visit 1) $150; Remote post-surgery surveys and 6-week visit (Visit 2) $50; 3-month remote surveys $25; 6-month remote surveys $100, for a possible total of $325. If you are selected to complete an in-person 3-month visit (Visit 3), you will receive an additional $175, for a possible total of $500.