What is the purpose of the study?
Identify and understand biomarkers, or factors that can help predict help predict a person’s pain experience following knee surgery.
Who can be a part of the study?
- Men and women ages 18-84, who have a diagnosis of osteoarthritis
- People scheduled for a single primary, partial, or total knee revision or replacement surgery at one of our clinical centers
What is informed consent or eConsent?
- The informed consent form gives you more details about what will happen in the study.
- In this study, since we are using an electronic form called an eConsent.
- You will be able to read the eConsent form and ask questions, talk with your family, friends, or caregivers, before you decide about being in the study.
How can I be a part of the study?
- If interested, please contact:
Wendy Kreider RN, Study Coordinator for Rush University Medical Center
- A study team member from the University of Iowa may also call you from a (319) area code.
- You will receive additional details about the study and have all questions answered.
- You may choose to not be a part of the study at any time.
Payment for Participating
You will be paid a total of $200 for participating in the study. This total will be split up over the course of the study.